Friday, June 20, 2008

Sugar Pills

Don't ask me how or why, (mostly because I can't remember) why my hubby & I had a heated argument about kids last night. We were watching TV and something must have popped up that started it, but the next thing you know we're in a pissing match about us having kids sometime soon.

God bless my hubby, but he's clueless about how much our life would change with kids. Sorry dude, but you won't be running off with the guys on weekends to drink beer because you'll be helping me while I'm screaming because my nipples hurt from breast-feeding and the laundry is still waiting to be done. Oh no, you won't be joining the boys for the "Guys Trip" for a week and leaving me alone with our screaming child. I could chalk it up to that he hasn't spent much time with babies, but still, get a clue.

Plus, let me be honest, I'm personally not ready to give up my monthly manicure/pedicures, highlights and facials. Sorry, I'm just not there yet. I'm still young, I'm in my prime. Apparently, my hubby doesn't want to be "old" when we have kids. For the love of the lord, he's only 28! And since when does a man's biological clock start ticking louder than a female's? This is all so foregin to me.

When I was a tad bit younger I thought having kids would be fun. That was before I learned how glorious shopping could be and how fantastic my $50 a bottle night cream was! I just can't see myself giving up all that to spend it on diapers and Anti-Monkey Butt Paste for my kids. Just can't do it!

So in the midst of our arguing, my hubby gets a devious look on his face and announces that he's already switched out my birth-control pills for "sugar pills." I never should have explained to him that the row of pink pills are "sugar pills." He then proceeded to tell me that there are websites for "guys like him" who want babies before their wives are ready. I told him he was so clever, but I had a headache and he should sleep on the couch tonight!

Seriously, should I be worried?!!!!

No comments: