One of my New Year's goals has always been to exercise more. I like to leave it open-ended and vague because walking from the couch to fridge is exercise, right? I enjoy taking Yoga and Pilates classes and do so a few times a week. These classes appeal to me because they are flowy and light while working your core muscles a the same time. I always break a hard sweat and I do not mind sweating in these classes.
The class I took this weekend is a different story. I decided to join a friend in the Body Combat class which mixes kickboxing and martial art moves in a 60 minute class of pure hell. I'm fairly coordinated thanks to gymnastics and cheerleading in my younger years, but I felt like an idiot doing some of these moves. So it's, kick, punch, uppercut, kick again?!! I did get better as the class progressed,but I had to stop fairly often to catch my breath, wipe the sweat off my brow and just take a breather.
I received lots of encouragement from my fellow classmates, which made me get up and tough out the class. I have to say, like it too short to do things you don't enjoy. This class may qualify in that category. I'm going to try it 5 times and see what I think after the 5th class. If my cardiovascular strength improves, I may not mind the class so much. Being that I was sweating like a drunk dude trying to get all up on a hot chick on 6th street, I guess I'll also try bringing a bigger towel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment