My hubby called me this morning to let me know he went to Walmart to buy me a CD I've been talking about. I was really excited until he told me they didn't have it, so he bought himself a CD he had been wanting. What?! You called me to tell me you were getting me a present and then you snatched the present right out of my hands?
I started laughing when he told me "it's the thought that counts, right?" Maybe I'm being a brat, but I would rather not know I was going to get a present since now I'm not getting anything. Am I alone in this feeling?
God bless him, my crazy hubby. I told him it's partly the thought that counts, but that will only take you so far and you can only use that excuse so many times. For example, I was going to propose in a cool way, we were going to take a honeymoon, we were going to do a picnic at Enchanted Rock, etc. Maybe I should throw out- I was ready to have a baby, but I think I changed my mind!!!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Well in his defense in this situation in particular, he probably called to let you know so you knew that he at least thought of you and tried so he could at least get some credit for it. That being said if that is a regular occurence I wouldnt want to hear it anymore either! Guys just dont get how little things like that mean so much.
I actually just posted about something similar myself and I dont think guys realize that small gestures of thoughtfullness really mean a lot to us girls. Pulling out a chair, asking us if we want something when they get up to get themselves something, telling you that you look pretty on just a regular Tuesday morning will make us swoon! Sure the big grand gestures can be nice too but those little things will get you pretty far by themselves and you dont have to spend any money!
Post a Comment