
It's that time of year again, time for ACL to invade Zilker Park. For all of you who aren't familiar with ACL, it stands for the Austin City Limits Festival. It's a three day event where over 100 bands come to perform for about 60,000 concert-goers. You can buy 3-day passes for around $170 or they sell single day tickets.
The list of performers is quite eclectic every year and there is always buzz about who the headliners will be. This year some of the bands I would be interested in seeing are The Raconteurs, N.E.R.D., and Iron & Wine. Those are really the only bands I would want to see and for they all play on different nights so I would need a 3-day ticket. If you break it down, it would be costing me around $55 each night to see the three bands. It's just not worth it to me. It's going to be quite toasty during the day and I get cranky when I'm overheated. Plus, who can really enjoy themselves when they're sweating to death and pretty much sweating thru your bra? Not me!
While the concept of ACL Fest sounds fun, I prefer more intimate venues. I love seeing concerts at Stubb's or Antone's. You get less of a crowd, easier access to food vendors and bathrooms. Plus you stay in one area for the concert. At ACL, you have to run all over the park to see the specific performers you wish to see.
For the complete lineup, check out ACL Fest . For all of you brave enough to go out to the festival, stay dehydrated! No one likes a party-pooper who gets dehydrated and passes out. I've actually done that once, and it is quite a buzz kill for those around you!



No comments:
Post a Comment