Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Name is Madison and I HAD an addiction...

to sweets! That's right, you read correctly, I HAD a problem with sweets, but not anymore! I successfully managed to survive 30 days of no sweets! This is setting a whole new record for me and I have to admit, I'm really quite pleased with myself.

I have seen a few pounds drop off, I was secretly wishing way more would melt off. I guess I would have to get off my ass and exercise more, too. I haven't exercised in three weeks because I was in Florida and then swamped with work. I know, lame excuse, I'm going to get back on the exercise horse, maybe tomorrow!

I've had some time to reflect on my eating habits, being that I wasn't blindly stuffing sweets in my face. I noticed I tend to eat out of boredom. I would be aimlessly flipping channels on the TV and would say " I should have something sweet right now." What?! That kind of thinking is where my sweet-tooth problem started. So I've managed to retrain my self to think that I'm not craving sweets and to eat a piece of fruit or have some water instead.

I'm going to continue avoiding sweets because they just make me feel fat and tired and then bad about myself because I couldn't have just one piece. Wish me luck!

No comments: